This access ramp leading to some Art studios in Chichester, West Sussex was in major need of repair. M.J Carpentry & Joinery were called in for the repair promtly as the old boards were about to fall apart where they were so rotten!
The works included:
- Take the old rotten boards (Plywood) off the existing ramp framework.
- Carefully inspected the existing framework to make sure there was no rot attacking it.
- Swept out the void space where mess and cob webs had collected over the years.
- Fixed brackets to frame and concrete floor to help securely hold the frame in place.
- Cut and fitted new Anti-slip Plywood boards designed for such things as access ramps.
- Fitted treated timbers on edges of ramp to stop a wheel chair rolling off the side.
- A cabin hook was fitted to hold the door back when open.
- Finally cleared and swept off new access ramp ready for immediate use.