This concrete patio area in Pagham which is near to Bognor Regis was in major need of repair.
The owner of the property came to M.J Carpentry & Joinery asking if there was anything that could be done to bring the concrete back to life. To achieve the finished result that you can see in the above pictures, the works included:
- Scrape away all the loose flakes, clean and inspect the areas that need repair.
- All cracks were cut out using an angle grinder and hammer drill.
- The smaller surface cracks were simply cut out, the larger/deeper cracks were cut out and carefully tied together with a special resin and re-bars (as you can see in the pictures).
- Then all the channels were filled with cement and smoothed off to blend in with the top of the concrete slab.
- Once the new cement had time to dry, an exterior 2-pack marine quality epoxy paint was applied as the first sealing coat, this was used as the property was very near to the sea.
- Once the epoxy coat had dried, an exterior polyurethane non-slip top coat was applied.
- As you can see in the pictures, the top coat is grey in colour (as specified by the owner) and completely transforms the look of the patio.