This property in Chichester was in need of a safe way to access the loft. The owner came to M.J Carpentry & Joinery after being fed up with having to use a step ladder which was unsafe when using the loft.
The works consisted of:
- Carefully taking out the old hatch opening which was a little damaged.
- Fitting new opening with architraves and a hinged drop down door (with a primer paint finish, ready for a decorator).
- Fitted a new section of floor within the loft which was large enough for the ladder to sit on when collapsed.
- The three section ladder was then assembled and fixed firmly to the new hatch and new floor board.
- Finally, a push catch was fitted to the drop down door to ensure easy opening and closing.