The owners of this property in Bognor Regis, West Sussex wanted to update the look of their staircase, this meant getting rid of the old plaster boarded wall with a capped top acting as a Handrail and changing it to a more traditional look with softwood Newel posts, Handrail, Baserail and Spindles.
M.J Carpentry & Joinery were called in for the works which included:
- Carefully strip out the existing.
- Cap over the existing string with a fresh piece of softwood which matches in with the rest of the stair parts.
- Fit new Newel posts top and bottom including Newel caps.
- Fit Handrail, Baserail and Spindles.
- Fit a Mop Rail style Handrail against the main stair wall.
- Create an under stairs cupboard with small access door and knob for opening.
- New timbers fitted to generally tidy up the area which included, softwood on the door frame, new skirting and new beads around the Newel post.
Please look at the pictures to see how the stairs look now.