The owner of this property in Chichester came to us in need of their staircase being modernised. As you can see in the pictures above, the order of works were….
- Cut existing newel posts down to recieve new turned newel posts which are then glued in.
- Fit new handrails and baserails which recieve the new turned spindles.
- Fit new spindles with no more than 100mm gaps between each one (Staircase Regulations).
- Spindles nicely dissapear into ceiling gradually.
- Finally, fine fill, sand all, and glued in newel ball caps then stairs were waxed by owner.