The owner of this property in Chichester, West Sussex came to us in need of their staircase being modernised. As you can see in the pictures above, the order of works were….
- Cut existing newel posts down to recieve new turned newel posts which are then glued in.
- Fit new handrails and baserails which recieve the new turned spindles.
- Fit new spindles with no more than 100mm gaps between each one (Staircase Regulations).
- Spindles nicely dissapear into ceiling gradually.
- Finally, fine fill, sand all, and glued in newel ball caps then stairs were waxed by owner.